Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Process Begins. My Book is being Born!

I invited you visitors to my blog to follow the start of my manuscript to when it is published.
I have now been contacted by my publisher, Safkhet Publishing, and we are now beginning the phase of editing. Not having written a book before, I am looking forward to working with the editor and seeing the outcome of our collaboration.
First, I must say Will Sutton the publisher, has been outstanding with his help. He recommended a new title. I liked his suggestion, but I believe this is a better title for the sequel, so we came up with a great title for the first book in the series.
Other authors at Safkhet have also been great. Carol Wyer helped me setting up this blog,  Suzie Tulletthas helped me on Goodreads.  Irene Soldatos is wonderful to speak with and has a treasure trove of information about  edged weapons. Sheryl Browne has been giving me guidance and assistance before I even signed the publishing contract. 
Writers from other publishers (or self-published) have also helped: Marianne Jones has been assisting me from the beginning. Tamara Rose Blodgett has recently helped me in fixing this blog. Suzanne Steele has been more that gracious with her advice, so has Kathy Reinhart.
That is the story of this blog.  If you are an aspiring writer, seek others who have experience and the talent.  If you are an established writer, offer help to others who are just beginning out.
I hope, I can be an established writer someday, so I can assist those who come to me.  Helping others, is the way to payback those who have helped you get where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment